Central Asia lives in peace and harmony
Foundation for Tolerance International (FTI) is a non-governmental organization working for the prevention and non-violent resolution of conflict. The Foundation was established in 1998. The basis for the organization was the project «Conflict Transformation and Teaching Tolerance» implemented in 1996 -1998 with support of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. Following the completion of the original project it became clear that further work was needed in this area and the project team established FTI.
The Foundation has implemented more than 100 projects and programs. Foundation for Tolerance International is currently one of the largest and most experienced NGO working for the prevention and conflict transformation in Central Asia. FTI team consists of more than 20 employees of different ethnicity, age and qualifications. The Foundation has a Headquarters in Bishkek, and three branch offices in Batken, Osh and Jalal-Abad. FTI is a founding member of the “Valley of Peace” network, uniting NGOs from Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. FTI is a Regional Coordinator in Central Asia for the Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict.
The Foundation’s experience and the expertise of its staff make it a leader in conflict prevention and transformation. Its knowledge and the services it provides benefit both state-run and non-governmental organizations, as well as members of local communities and individual citizens of Kyrgyzstan, irrespective of social status, ethnicity, belief or views.
FTI is a dynamic and growing organization, open to new ideas, partners and positive changes.
Central Asialives in peace and harmony.
Prevention and non-violent conflict resolution in Central Asia and expanding a space for dialogue and promoting a culture of non-violence in Central Asia.
FTI’s values and principles of work
- Commitment to a culture of non-violence, tolerance anddemocracy
- Adherence to the principles of justice and peace
- Focus on efficiency and effectiveness
- Aspiration for improvement of professional development
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to constantly changing environment
- Value and importance of each employee
- FTI’s main program directions
- Regular situation monitoring and analysis
- Developingthestakeholders’ capacityonconflict transformation and conflict sensitivity
- Consolidation and coordination of networks’ communication
- Promoting peace education
- Developing infrastructure to mitigate tensions
- Mediation and negotiation
- Advocacy and lobbying
For more information about «Foundation for Tolerance International», please follow the link https://web.facebook.com/fticentralasia/